We are excited to announce that Terlys has chosen ProTec Ingredia as their distribution partner in the UK and Ireland for their active ingredient NIXALIN™.
NIXALIN™ is an active ingredient that promotes tissue regeneration and helps the skin return to the natural radiance and youthful appearance without altering the primary functions of the cutaneous barrier.
In a process exclusive to Terlys, NIXALIN™ is extracted from upcycled birch bark, a by-product of wooden utensil production for use in food and healthcare applications. NIXALIN™ is rich in betulin, a powerful bioavailable triterpene. Plants naturally synthesise this molecule to improve their adaptogenic functions. This property has been shown to help the skin recover from exterior aggressions and chronic problems associated with irritation, sensitivity, and reactive skin.
Key features of NIXALIN™ include:
- Strengthens the functions of the cutaneous barrier.
- Inhibits elastase, the enzyme that degrades elastin (a protein that safeguards the elasticity of the dermis).
- Improves synthesis of collagens IV and VII, which protects firmness in the dermis.
- Accelerates the regeneration of the cutaneous barrier following exterior aggressions.
- Reduces chronic inflammation by decreasing the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines.
- Reinforces blood vessels to reduce rosacea and couperose.
If you would like to find out more about NIXALIN™, please click the box below to visit the Terlys website or feel free to get in contact.
If you would like to start a conversation with us, have any questions regarding our product portfolio or would like to request pricing and a sample, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.