Hydro-Gain™ is a 100% natural, preservative-free (self-preserving) moisturizer based on extracts from plants naturally exposed to extreme climatic conditions. The unique combination of actives from birch bark extract, barbary fig seed oil and canola oil in an innovative matrix comprised of glycerol (a substance being part of the Natural Moisturizing Factor) and natural lipids (hydrogenated lecithin) provides powerful hydration to the skin.
• Birch (Betula alba) , domestic in both moderate and very cold regions (Siberia, Scandinavia, Canada, Alaska). The bark contains a variety of compounds, protecting the tree against cold and dryness. Birch bark extract contains amongst others the biologically active triterpene Betulin, which has been found to improve moisturisation, skin regeneration and wound healing.
• Barbary fig (Opuntia ficus-indica), a species of cactus, domestic in very hot and dry regions (Mexico, South America, Australia). Barbary fig seed oil (cold-pressed from the small black seeds) is exceptionally rich in Vitamin E and contains a variety of biologically active ingredients (phytosterols, omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids) with anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Novel moisturizing system with birch bark extract and barbary fig seed oil
• Superior moisturizing efficacy compared to glycerol (after 14d of application): Corneometry: 35.6%; TEWL: -34.5%
• Exceptional stability (minimum 12 months if stored refrigerated)
• 100% natural, plant derived, GMO-free
• Applications: For use in skin care products, especially those to prevent or treat dry skin
• Recommended use level: 5% (according to in-vivo studies)
INCI: Glycerin, Aqua, Canola Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Seed Oil, Betula Alba Bark Extract, Citric Acid